Today, Apple released iOS 7.1, the first major update to iOS 7.
iOS 7.1 comes with the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Improved Touch ID fingerprint recognition
- iCloud Keychain support in additional countries
- New Camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s
- FaceTime call notifications are automatically cleared when you answer a call on another device
- Fixes a bug that could occasionally cause a home screen crash
- Improved performance for iPhone 4
- Fixes display of Mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000.
- iOS experience designed for the car
- Simply connect your iPhone to a CarPlay enabled vehicle
- Supports Phone, Music, Maps, Messages, and 3rd-party audio apps
- Control with Siri and the car’s touchscreen, knobs, and buttons.
- Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the home button while you speak and releasing it when you’re done as an alternative to letting Siri automatically notice when you stop talking
- New, more natural sounding male and female voices for Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese.
- Search field above Featured Stations to easily create stations based on your favorite artist or song
- Buy albums with the tap of a button from Now Playing
- Subscribe to iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free.
- Option to display events in month view
- Country specific holidays automatically added for many countries.
- Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator, and many icon glyphs
- Reduce Motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations
- New options to display button shapes, darken app colors, and reduce white point.
Want to learn more about iOS 7? Get a free guide.