Integrating PHP with Windows
Take your PHP programming skills deep into Windows—and build PHP applications that run efficiently and effectively on an array of Windows technologies.
Packed with hands-on exercises, this in-depth guide shows you how to use PHP to interact with Internet Information Services 7.5 (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, and Active Directory.
You’ll learn how to apply best practices for running PHP applications in a Windows environment.
Discover how to:
- Use Microsoft SQL Server as the backend database for PHP applications
- Set up full-text search on SQL Server to help users find data quickly
- Improve PHP application performance with IIS caching techniques
- Configure IIS to help secure your PHP applications against attacks
- Manage users and groups in Active Directory with a PHP application
- Create a PHP LDAP browser to search for and view Active Directory data
- Program Exchange Server with PHP, using Exchange Web Services (EWS).