Panda Antivirus for Exchange Server 2003 Harnesses the Most Innovative Technology for Combating Malicious Code
MADRID, June 24 2003 Panda Software has announced the availability of its new Panda Antivirus for Exchange Server. This powerful new antivirus solution has been designed using the most advanced anti-malware technology to offer complete protection for Microsoft’s new Exchange Server 2003 messaging and collaboration platform.
Panda Antivirus for Exchange Server is based on Microsoft’s latest VirusScanning API version 2.5 in order to ensure seamless integration with the new Exchange 2003 platform. This allows exhaustive scanning of any type of message, whether addressed to server mailboxes or redirected to other network servers.
Where multiple Exchange 2003 servers are operating, with one acting as an e-mail gateway, virus detection and disinfection takes place in this last one, maximizing performance in the other servers.
Other outstanding features in Panda Antivirus for Exchange Server 2003 include:
– Scanning of message bodies, attached files and compressed files at any nested level, detecting and disinfecting viruses in HTML, RTFHTML, RTF or text formats under both permanent protection and on-demand scanning.
– Scanning of nested messages and more than 30 types of compressed file formats, OLE objects embedded files etc… at any nested level.
– Scans for viruses in memory, combining VirtualFile technology and the Microsoft standard for e-mail, analyzing just those areas susceptible to containing viruses, in both public and private folders and the Internet Mail Connector.
– Heuristic scan system for detecting unknown script viruses (VBS, JS, VBE, JSE, etc.), as well as Win32, MS-DOS and Macro viruses.
– Scanning and disinfection of ZIP, gZIP, LHA and ARJ compressed file formats.
– Scanning and disinfection of MIME files (uuencoded, base64, etc.).
– Exchange server workloads are optimized using AutoTuning technology which adjusts the antivirus performance in line with processes in the mail server.
Companies that want to try out the new Panda Antivirus for Exchange Server 2003 can do so from http://www.pandasoftware.com
About Panda Software
Panda Software is a leading international developer of antivirus software for all types of customers: corporate clients, small and medium sized companies, and home users. Their 100% in-house, cutting-edge antivirus technology has received awards and quality certifications from the most widely-respected IT security institutions. Their commitment to client service and the concept of the protection of computer systems as a 24h-365d Insurance Policy rather than merely a software product have revolutionized the computer security industry. The quality of Panda Software’s products has been endorsed by major industry watchdogs including ICSA Labs and Checkmark.