AEP Systems Customizes SSL VPN for Small to Medium-Sized Businesses
The AEP booth at the RSA Conference 2004
AEP Systems announces the latest release of AEP SureWare A-Gate AG-600, a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN designed specifically for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), and for departments within large organizations. This release includes an easy-to-use Web management interface, enhanced security features, load balancing and high availability, and is RSA SecureID certified.
“A-Gate AG-600 solves the remote access problem for small and medium-sized businesses,” commented for Help Net Security Rob Lane, Vice President of Product Management at AEP Systems.
“Businesses with limited IT resources can easily deploy and manage SureWare A-Gate with minimal time and effort. They get all the benefits and functionality of a feature-rich remote access solution, but at an affordable price” he added.
AEP SureWare A-Gate AG-600 features:
- High availability and load balancing allowing up to 16 appliances to be configured to act as a single unit with automatic session fail-over in the event of an appliance failure
- Integrated portal that supports end-user branding (logo/color schemes)
- Client validation allowing administrators control over the information/applications accessed by A-Gate Central clients
- A-Gate Central subnet support that simulates the way an IPSec VPN works
- Enhanced Security for Static Password Authentication
- Intuitive Web management interface
- Token-based authentication.
AEP SureWare A-Gate AG-600 is priced at $8995 per appliance and supports 400 concurrent users. A medium-sized business with 800 concurrent users can purchase two A-Gate appliances configured to act as single unit for $17,995. Each additional appliance adds 400 concurrent users to the network and costs an extra $8995.