CVPSecure protects the company’s most critical information entry point: the firewall. This complete antivirus and content filtering solution from Panda Software is totally compatible with Check Point FireWall-1? Next Generation, as guaranteed by the OPSEC(tm) certification that it has recently earned, and with all corporate firewalls that support CVP (Content Vectoring Protocol). By using this protocol, the traffic to be scanned and the antivirus protection can be distributed across several servers. CVPSecure also allows the traffic generated by each subnet to be assigned a firewall, which it will also protect against viruses.
CVPSecure incorporates flexible content filtering options, which can be set to filter by message subject or by the name or type of attached file. The multiple options available to administrators when a threat is detected include deleting or moving the attached file or deleting the messages body, thereby preventing inappropriate content from circulating, regardless of how it spreads via e-mail.
The CVPSecure security options allow TCP/IP communication between the antivirus and the firewall to be authenticated through security certificates. This guarantees the identity of all parties involved, and prevents hackers and malware from stealing the identity of the antivirus.
As well as the exceptional characteristics of CVPSecure mentioned above, the following can also be highlighted:
– Scans inbound and outbound traffic transferred through FTP (file transfers), HTTP (web pages) and SMTP (e-mail). It can also block vulnerability exploited used to get past antivirus protection in mail servers, such as partial or malformed messages.
– Detection of viruses and malicious codes hidden in web pages thanks to its powerful HTML scan engine which can be configured by MIME types.
– Scans Java applets, ActiveX controls and compressed files at various levels.
– Optimized performance of the antivirus thanks to VirtualFile in-memory scanning technology.
– Centralized and remote administration of networks with multiple server views to facilitate administration tasks.
– Daily automatic updates of the Virus Signature File, to prevent errors in routine administration tasks.
More information about CVPSecure Antivirus at: http://enterprises.pandasoftware.com/products/cvpsecure/
About Panda Software
Panda Software (http://www.pandasoftware.com/), a world leader in virus and intrusion prevention, offers unrivalled proactive security solutions for all types of users, from the largest corporations through small and medium-sized companies to home users. Its corporate products offer hassle-free automatic and centralized administration and provide network-wide protection, via multi-layer security technology, to ensure uniform protection across the enterprise, from remote users and workstations to mail gateways and internal and perimeter servers. Panda Software’s solutions have received awards and quality certifications from the sector’s most widely-respected organizations, including ICSA Labs and Checkmark and its commitment to customer service, innovative products, and the pioneering concept of 24h-365d tech support have revolutionized the IT security industry.