London, March 14, 2005 – Top Layer Networks, the global leader for high performance intrusion prevention solutions, today announced that it achieved record revenues in 2004 with continued growth and success with enterprise, service provider and government customers worldwide. Revenue from its flagship intrusion prevention products increased by 134% in 2004 compared to 2003.
Peter Rendall, CEO and president of Top Layer commented, “Top Layer’s intrusion prevention solutions protect networks and mission-critical assets across the globe. In the fourth quarter we closed our first $1m IPS sale and added a major voice over IP service provider to our customer base. In addition, we have continued to see strong traction for our IPS solutions in Fortune 500 companies and government agencies. We are thrilled to have achieved record high sales growth in 2004 and with the launch of our new advanced Attack Mitigator IPS 5500 product last quarter and we look forward to continuing our leadership of the rapidly growing market for intrusion prevention solutions. In Q1 2005 we have continued to see demand for our intrusion prevention solutions grow, particularly in Fortune 500 companies that are striving to meet new regulatory compliance standards while trying to defend against new, more sophisticated attacks that threaten to compromise their IT infrastructure.”
– Launched the world’s most powerful Intrusion Prevention System, the Attack Mitigator IPS 5500. The 5500 is the first IPS solution with 8 Gigabits/Sec of throughput and is already deployed in numerous customer sites.
– The Attack Mitigator IPS 5500 became the first and only IPS product to ever achieve the coveted Double NSS Approved award in both content-based and rate-based categories in comprehensive side-by-side IPS comparisons.
– Tolly Group IPS test definitively showed Top Layer’s intrusion prevention solutions win side-by-side tests in competitive comparison..
– The Attack Mitigator IPS 5500 met Gartner’s seven key selection criteria for network IPS’s, helping to propel Top Layer to “Visionary” status in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant
– With the introduction of its new advanced Microsoft Protocol Validation Module, the Attack Mitigator IPS 5500 successfully protects against Microsoft vulnerabilities without the need for any configuration changes or signature updates, providing the best protection against unknown vulnerabilities or zero-day attacks.
– Introduced SecureCommand+, the industry’s first centralised management platform with an integrated security information management engine, providing enterprise-wide security context for rapid and focused response to increasingly dynamic and complex security threats.
– Earned Common Criteria certification for its IDS Balancer products
– Recognised as industry experts for the growing problem of securing enterprises under attack by sophisticated criminal groups who are intent on extorting money with brute force DDoS attacks.
– Named as one of the Top Emerging Companies of 2004 in network security by Growthink Research who evaluated over 2000 companies with the greatest potential for future success.
Mike Shanahan, chairman of Top Layer and managing partner of Egan-Managed Capital noted, “Top Layer had an outstanding year in 2004 as it brought the world’s most advanced IPS product to market at a time when demand for high performance intrusion prevention technologies is accelerating at a rapid pace. The IPS market is maturing to a stage where superior products will attract increased attention and grab greater market share. As the clear technology leader, Top Layer is well positioned for continued success. Independent validation by leading test houses proves Top Layer’s IPS products are the best solution for enterprises, service providers and government agencies and reinforces the confidence among the Top Layer team that we are one of the rising stars of Internet security.”
About the Top Layer Attack Mitigator IPS 5500
The Attack Mitigator IPS 5500 family offers the strongest levels of Network IPS protection, performance and reliability on the market today. By improving upon the most powerful characteristics of stateful firewall technology and intrusion detection systems, Top Layer has developed the IPS 5500 in order to protect against attacks in real-time with minimal interruption of legitimate traffic. Top Layer executes high performance, non-disruptive deep packet inspection and analysis coupled with intelligent blocking of attacks through TopFireÃ¢â€ž? second-generation ASIC technology and TopInspectÃ¢â€ž? Deep Packet Inspection. To learn more about the Attack Mitigator IPS 5500, see our web site at www.toplayer.com or contact sales@TopLayer.com
About Top Layer Networks, Inc.
Founded in 1997, Top Layer Networks (www.TopLayer.com) develops network security solutions that enable enterprises worldwide to protect their infrastructure and critical online assets from cyber-threats. The Company’s patented, ASIC-based products are engineered to deliver accurate and reliable protection mechanisms while operating as robust in-line network security devices. Top Layer Networks is headquartered in Westboro, Massachusetts with sales and support presence in Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.