During the opening day of RSA Conference Europe 2005, we attended the third annual European Information Security Awards ceremony. The Awards are given in acknowledgement of the outstanding contribution of both individuals and companies in the field of Information Security across Europe.
This year’s winners include:
Policy: Recognising the development and promotion of Information Security through the development of Policy
– Dr. Steve Marsh from Central Sponsor for Information Assurance (CSIA)
Research & Development: Recognising future potential and awarded to individuals / organisations achieving security excellence in the field of R&D.
– Cyrille Bataller, Accenture Technology Research and Development
Education & Training: Recognising innovation and excellence in the field of Information Security Education and Training.
– Donna Richmond from healtcare provider Aetna
Implementation: Recognising security excellence in end user implementations.
– Belgium’s Federal ICT Department (FEDICT) and Accenture
Awards were judged by the following distinguished information security professionals:
- Professor Brian Collins, Vice President, British Computer Society and Visiting Professor, Southampton University.
- Burt Kaliski, Vice President of Research and Chief Scientist, RSA Security Inc.
- Bryan Littlefair, Global Head of Security Research, British Telecom.
- Francisco Mingorance, Director of Public Policy, BSA Europe, Professor.
- Fred Piper, Director of Information Security Group and Jim Reavis Editor of CSOinformer newsletter.