Smart card with fully-embedded biometric system
Fidelica Microsystems announced the availability of the company’s FSC-3012 Biometrically Authenticated Smart Card. This biometrically-authenticated credential features a fully-embedded biometric system. Fidelica’s smart card is the first in the industry to provide fingerprint imaging, enrollment and authentication contained entirely within an ISO 7810/16-format smart card. This card offers a cost-effective and easy-to-use means for security professionals to add biometric authentication to an access control or IT system, simply by upgrading cards.
Placement of the entire biometric system on the card provides the FSC-3012 exceptional accuracy, flexibility and cost-effectiveness:
- No need to replace or modify infrastructure or back-end systems. The FSC-3012 simply adds biometric security to existing systems.
- Eliminates the need to transfer fingerprint templates between the reader and the card, thereby reducing interface requirements and increasing speed of use.
- Protects the cardholder’s privacy — an authentication decision is the only data released from the card.
- Eliminates interoperability issues associated with the use of varying fingerprint sensors on card readers.
- Allows for ready migration to biometrics on smart cards with ISO 14443 and other wireless protocols without installing fingerprint sensors on card readers.