Distributed Ethereal sniffer as a managed service
Packet Island, Inc. today announced their latest SaaS-based sniffer product, PacketPro. This product has the ability to provide managed service providers and IT outsourcing companies remote visibility to troubleshoot problems in their customers’ networks.
PacketPro is a powerful remote VoIP Lifecycle Management and Packet Sniffing solution. It consists of a 4″x 5″ micro-appliance in a sturdy portable kit that can be easily shipped to a customer site experiencing network issues. Packet Island’s hosted service enables this micro-appliance to be used as a remote ethereal sniffer to diagnose a broad variety of network problems.
PacketProoffers the following key benefits:
- Capture network traffic snapshots from customer sites at the click of a button
- Troubleshoot complex voice-video-data problems by decoding over 750 protocols using Ethereal/Wireshark
- Perform VoIP assessments to determine LAN/WAN capacity issues
- Perform live 24×7 VoIP monitoring to characterize transient problems
- Use on-demand reports to help isolate the nature and source of complex VoIP problems