Microsoft IPsec Diagnostic Tool assists network administrators with troubleshooting network related failures, focusing primarily on IPsec.
The tool checks for common network problems on the host machine and if found, suggests repair commands. Further, it collects IPsec policy information on the system and parses the IPsec logs to deduce why a failure might have happened.
Beyond IPsec, it offers trace collection for VPN, NAP client, Windows Firewall, Group policy updates, Wireless and System events. The Diagnostic Report generated by the tool is conclusive and is derived from the system logs collected by the tool during its analysis phase. These logs are self sufficient to diagnose any network related issues.
It works on the following versions of Windows:
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Professional Edition
- Windows XP Service Pack 1
- Windows XP Service Pack 2