WatchGuard unifies security and mobility
WatchGuard unveiled new remote access solutions designed to give remote and mobile workers highly secure connectivity to their corporate network.
For enterprise organizations that need to provide highly secure remote connectivity for a myriad of mobile devices and platforms, the WatchGuard SSL 1000 and 500 are highly secure remote access solutions that utilize web browsers or thin clients, end-point integrity checking, network interface control, as well as virtual desktops and session cleanup to deliver business applications right to the user for maximum productivity.
Multiple features make the new WatchGuard SSL VPN appliances ideal for mobile-rich, heterogeneous application environments. Key features include:
- Clientless SSL VPN access – eliminates hassles of having to install proprietary software on every client device, while giving employees full remote access to all their applications;
- Strong authentication – allows administrators to use SMS and software-based two-factor authentication, as well as 14 additional methods of authentication, including token support for RSA, VASCO and VeriSign, which builds on IT investment protection for superior network security;
- Single sign on – allows users to seamlessly access information without having to repeatedly re-authenticate, which reduces help desk issues and enables users to be more productive;
- Federated identity – allows for sophisticated environments, such as business-to-business networks or company/departmental relationships, to give users seamless access to multiple or disparate resources;
- Endpoint integrity – examines every user device before it connects to the network, which reduces risk and provides for contiguous integrity and enforcement of security policies;
- Administrative and management features – with real-time scanning capabilities, automatic session cleanup, ActiveX and Java client support, as well as consolidated and comprehensive audit capabilities, administrators will appreciate having full control over remote workers.