Comodo releases full version of Trustix Enterprise Firewall for free
Comodo announced the commercial release of Trustix Enterprise Firewall (TEF) version 4.8, a free enterprise class LINUX-based firewall solution. Trustix Enterprise Firewall delivers a high performance firewall that monitors network traffic and protects the network against unauthenticated traffic or login attempts which could inject Trojans, worms, or infected files into the network.
TEF is widely acclaimed for its innovative WYSIWYG feature in combination with its sophisticated security features and remains free for use with no license, subscription, or renewal fees. The technology in this firewall was designed allow a high level of control over inbound and outbound network traffic in order to ensure the security of the network. Administrators are able to monitor all network activity including any malicious activity, utilize an intuitive GUI to visualize and edit firewall policies, and manage traffic for all security zones (up to 24).
Additional firewall security related features and functions:
- Packet-filtering enabling TEF to act as a router to accelerate data transmission.
- Command-line scanner.
- Virus database auto updater, virus scanner C library and on-access scanning.
- Built-in support for various archive formats such as – Zip, RAR, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS and others, almost all mail file formats, ELF executables and popular document formats including MS Office and MacOffice files, HTML, RTF and PD.
- Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, MEW, Upack and obfuscated with SUE, Y0da Cryptor and others.
- Fully-featured packet-filtering router with advanced capabilities.