New generations of technology-savvy users and a growing wave of gadget-prone communication devices are making their way into the workplace, bringing with them new security threats as well as new technical and management paradigms. Now more than ever, ensuring the future of IT security is vital. The Gartner IT Security Summit will create a roadmap to overcome challenges and take advantage of emerging opportunities.
6 tracks and more than 85 sessions offer actionable analysis, critical frameworks, and next-generation best practices for proactive solutions including:
- Protecting IT Infrastructures for the Next Ten Years
- Enabling Secure Business for the Next Ten Years
- Security Governance for the Next 10 Years
- Security Tools, Technologies and Techniques for the Next Ten Years
- Protecting Data and Applications for the Next Ten Years
- CISO Bootcamp: Security Management Planning for the Next Ten Years
- Science Fiction Writers Panel – Information Security and the Sci-Fi Future: Moderated by Robert J. Sawyer, Futurist and Science Fiction Writer, this award-winning panel will address what issues in privacy, reliability, data integrity and network security have been explored by sci-fi authors and is there any relevance to today’s infosec practioner. The panel features Arlan Andrews, Founder, SIGMA, the Science Fiction Think Tank; Greg Bear, Hugo and Nebula-Winning Author, Government Agency Advisor and Bruce Sterling, Writer, Speaker, Futurist.
- PJ O’Rourke, Political Satirist, Journalist & Writer
- The Gartner Scenario: The Next Ten Years and Information Security: Ken McGee, Vice President & Gartner Fellow
- Building a Real-Time, Adaptive Security Infrastructure: Neil MacDonald, VP & Gartner Fellow
- Color of Security in 2018: Dark, Bright, or Gray? An Interactive Session
The latest delivery models and offerings will be demonstrated by more than 80 companies exhibiting at the conference.
When: June 2-4, 2008
Where: Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, Washington D.C.