Industry’s first 65nm all-CMOS implementation
Staccato Communications announced the availability of the Ripcord2 family of single-chip, all-CMOS solutions targeted for WiMedia UWB and Wireless USB applications.
Staccato’s Ripcord2 supports multiple protocols, including Wireless USB, High-Speed Bluetooth, Wireless IP and Wireless Audio/Video. In addition, several features were added to Ripcord2 including support for WiMedia Band Groups 1, 3 and 6, as well as the capability for detection and avoidance (DAA), providing a worldwide compatible solution in a single device.
Designed to meet and exceed the rigorous power, size, performance and system cost requirements associated with enabling mass deployment, Ripcord2 is ideally suited for high volume consumer applications including handsets, DSC/DVC, printers, PMP, wireless audio/video and mass storage. Staccato has already shipped samples and development kits (DVKs) to key customers and is currently developing several reference designs to be released in the coming months. The Ripcord2 DVK provides an integrated development environment that accelerates native Wireless USB device and high-speed Bluetooth designs, as well as generic WiMedia UWB applications.
Based on the Wireless USB 1.0 Specification and the WiMedia UWB Common Radio Platform, Ripcord2’s high-level of integration minimizes design risk, lowers system cost and accelerates customers’ time-to-market by consolidating all hardware and software components necessary to implement a complete solution.
- Single-chip 65nm all-CMOS implementation
- Fully integrated RF front-end, digital baseband, MAC and IO
- Support for WiMedia Band Groups 1, 3 and 6
- Support for all Time Frequency Codes (TFC 1-10) and data rate modes (53.3-480Mbps)
- Support for detection and avoidance (DAA)
- Protocol Independent KernelTM (PIK) architecture supports multiple protocols
- USB 2.0 host/device and SDIO 2.0 interfaces.