New book: “iPhone Forensics”
With iPhone use increasing in business networks, IT and security professionals face a serious challenge: these devices store an enormous amount of information. If your staff conducts business with iPhones, you need to know how to recover, analyze, and securely destroy sensitive data.
iPhone Forensics supplies the knowledge necessary to conduct complete and highly specialized forensic analysis of the iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPod Touch.
This book helps you:
- Determine what type of data is stored on the device
- Break v1.x and v2.x passcode-protected iPhones to gain access to the device
- Build a custom recovery toolkit for the iPhone
- Interrupt iPhone 3G’s “secure wipe” process
- Conduct data recovery of a v1.x and v2.x iPhone user disk partition, and preserve and recover the entire raw user disk partition
- Recover deleted voicemail, images, email, and other personal data, using data carving techniques
- Recover geotagged metadata from camera photos
- Discover Google map lookups, typing cache, and other data stored on the live file system
- Extract contact information from the iPhone’s database
- Use different recovery strategies based on case needs.