Interface Masters Technologies today introduced a new family of Embedded Switches (ES) products targeted to networking appliances, servers, server blades and embedded computing applications.
The Niagara 130x Family is a fully featured embedded Ethernet switch that provides Layer2/Layer3 Gigabit Ethernet and is ready to be integrated into servers by connecting via a serial or Ethernet connection, which enables quick time to market for complex networking appliances. The family is based on the Vitesse SparX-G24 and provides no blocking, wire-speed Gigabit performance on all ports, using an internal 46-Gbps frame bus. The devices are optimized for SMB and SOHO for unmanaged, as well as managed, applications. Due to the internal memory buffers, which are sufficient in size to absorb substantial bursts, no external memory is required.
The Niagara 130x Embedded Switch family provides the following features and capabilities:
- Gigabit Ethernet ports with no blocking wire-speed performance
- 8,192 MAC addresses and 4,096 VALN support (IEEE std 802.1Q)
- 8,192 IP multicast groups supported
- Jumbo Frame support at all speeds (10/100/1000) of up to 10 Kilobytes.
Layer 2 switching
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol support (IEEE Std 802.1w)
- Multiple Spanning Tree support (IEEE Std 802.1s)
- IGMP, GARP, GMRP, and GVRP support.
Quality of service
- Programmable multi-layer classifier with four QoS classes per port
- Strict priority or weighted round-robin forwarding with guaranteed bandwidth allocation
- Traffic class assignment based on port, 802.1p tag, or Diffserve Code Point (DSCP) field
- DSCP (IPv4 and IPv6) and IEEE Std 802.1p support
- DSCP remarking for both IPv4 and IPv6 packets
- Provider Bridging support with multiple VLAN tags (Q-in-Q)
- Broadcast and multicast storm control
- Full duplex flow control (IEEE Std 802.3x) and half duplex back pressure
- Traffic shaping and policing per port in steps of 128kbps
- Link aggregation support based on Layer 2-4 information (IEEE Std 802.3ad).
- Port-based access control support (IEEE Std 802.1X)
- 4096 VLAN support (IEEE Std 802.1Q)
- VLAN awareness on a per port basis
- Independent and shared VLAN learning
- VLAN Q-in-Q support (VLAN stacking)
- Source IP filter per port to block unwanted access
- Extensive snooping: BPDU, GARP, ARP, IPMC, IGMP, TCP/UDP
- TCP/UDP filter for CPU copy/redirect, frame snooping and frame eradication
- DHCP filter to block unwanted DHCP servers on a per-port basis
- Multiple ARP filters for detection of ARP intrusion scans
- Extensive storm control: broadcast, multicast, unicast, ICMP and CPU (ARP, BPDU)
- Per port CPU based learning option
- CPU mirroring per port and per VLAN.