BitDefender has launched a new version of BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices, the on-demand antivirus and antispyware scanner for Linux and FreeBSD, which is free for personal use.
The new and improved features of BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices enhance the user experience and increase the level of protection. The main features include:
- On-demand antivirus and antispyware protection
- Script and extension-based integration with various applications and services: Mail clients (e.g. Pine, Evolution) and Mail Server services; Scheduling services (e.g. Cron) ensuring scan and update automation
- Classic command line scanner complete with a graphical user interface for better integration with desktop environments
- Automatic addition of the scanner’s GUI to the system menu
- Open source plugins for three popular file managers: Konqueror (KDE), Nautilus (GNOME) and Thunar (Xfce)
- Action setting based on scan result type
A registration key must be purchased for business use through the BitDefender Online Store or from BitDefender certified partners.