D-Link is now shipping the 5-bay iSCSI Storage Area Network (SAN) Array enclosure which is capable of holding up to 7.5 terabytes of data. Each bay accommodates one 3.5-inch SATA drive, up to 1.5TB and higher when larger capacity disks are introduced and firmware updates are made available.
The new DSN-1100 is designed with the same advanced System-on-a-Chip (SoC) technology included in D-Link’s DSN-3000 family of higher capacity SAN arrays but is housed in a compact desktop chassis.
The internal 10-gigabit iSCSI SoC configuration makes it possible for the DSN-1100 to handle more than 80,000 input/outputs per second and combines both networking and storage functions on one silicon chip.
The DSN-1100 implements four 1-gigabit ports, supporting IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregate Groups (LAG) for full offload capability. This allows all four ports to be grouped together for up to 425 megabytes bandwidth, increasing throughput and redundancy. Maximum storage efficiency also is achieved by support of four configurations of RAID – 0, 1, 1+0 and 5.
Other key features:
- Compact Cube Chassis for easy office placement (10.7″ high, 6.6″ wide and 10.2″ deep.)
- 200-watt power supply
- CHAP authentication to halt intruders
- SSL security to manage console
- SATA-II support
- Up to 72 hours battery backup on full charge
- VLAN zoning for traffic segregation to secure access and jumbo frames
- Highly integrated multi-core SoC for greater power efficiency.
The DSN-1100 is available for $1799.99.