Tolly Common unveiled a set of best practices guides that offer IT buyers a proven, unbiased framework for assessing the performance, features and power consumption of IT products.
Tolly Common RFPs will help users to shorten the time required to build RFP documents, provide internal staff with proven, ready-made test methodologies used to compare products, and enable buyers to evaluate products with accuracy and with the aim of creating a “short list” of top prospects, saving both end-users and technology vendors time and money.
Vendors can pre-qualify their products to prospective buyers using the Common RFP test methodologies to demonstrate product performance and capabilities based upon an independent third-party set of test methodologies. Vendors can even engage Tolly personnel to audit benchmark tests and certify product performance according to Tolly standards.
Tolly Common RFP documents are designed to:
- Shorten the time it takes to build RFP documents
- Educate staff to become “Instant Experts” on IT product evaluation
- Reduce or eliminate time you spend developing RFP evaluation test plans
- Benchmark product performance to devise purchasing short lists
- Shorten or eliminate the time you spend educating your team about product technology features
- Reduce the time and resources needed for the product evaluation cycle
- Leverage the knowledge and experience of a leading IT testing company to make your evaluations quicker and more comprehensive
- Build upon an unbiased framework to assess technology offerings.
The Tolly Common RFPs were built on input from leading technology vendors, end users, and from Tolly’s 20 years of experience in evaluating existing and emerging technologies. Thus far, the RFP documents cover LAN switch power consumption, application switches, virtual server performance, VoIP system power consumption and switch interoperability, endpoint security performance, with several technology topics more to come. The RFP guides are updated continuously as new information and revised methodologies become available.