HP introduced the new HP ProLiant G6 server line, which delivers double the performance of previous generations.
The HP ProLiant G6 line’s advances in energy efficiency, virtualization and automation are combined with comprehensive financing programs and service offerings. The new HP ProLiant G6 servers are available in 11 standards-based tower, rack and blade platforms.
HP ProLiant G6 includes many energy-saving features, such as:
- The HP Sea of Sensors – automatically track thermal activity across the server through a collection of 32 smart sensors. The sensors dynamically adjust system components such as fans, memory and input/output processing to optimize system cooling and increase efficiency
- The Common Power Slot design – helps minimize power waste by allowing customers to choose from four power supplies to match their specific workload
- HP Dynamic Power Capping – reallocates power and cooling resources in the data center by dynamically setting or “capping” the power drawn by servers.
The HP ProLiant G6 platform offers a set of embedded technologies and flexible tools:
- HP ProLiant Onboard Administrator – simplifies server setup and enables customers to inspect server health from any location, even when a server is offline
- HP Insight Control Environment (ICE) management console – bundled with HP ProLiant for the first time, ICE reduces operational expenses up to $48,000 for every 100 users by allowing customers to control the management and monitoring of the server infrastructure onsite or remotely
- HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 Ethernet module – the first interconnect technology to allocate the bandwidth of a 10Gb Ethernet network port across four network interface card connections. This eliminates the need for additional network hardware equipment, and enables customers deploying virtual machines.
The HP ProLiant G6 platform, based on Intel Xeon 5500 processors, includes the HP ProLiant DL380, DL370, DL360, DL180 and DL160 rack-optimized servers; the HP ProLiant BL 490c, BL 460c and BL 280c server blades; and the HP ProLiant ML370, ML350 and ML150 tower servers.
Starting prices for HP ProLiant G6 servers range from $999 to $2,105 and vary based on specific configurations.