Hardware encrypted drive for Mac users
Kingston announced that its DataTraveler Vault – Privacy Edition (DTVP) USB Flash drive is now compatible with Mac OS X 10.4x and 10.5x.
Data onboard the DTVP is secured by hardware-based, on-the-fly, 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). The drive has fast data transfer rates and is protected from brute-force attacks by locking down after 10 unsuccessful login attempts. After lockdown, a reformat is necessary to make the Flash drive operable again. For additional protection, the DTVP is made of aluminum and is waterproof up to a depth of four feet.
Privacy edition specifications:
- Fully Supports Macintosh OS
- Full Encryption: 100 percent of stored data is protected by hardware-based, 256-bit AES
- Fast: data transfer rates of up to 24 MB/sec. read and up to 10 MB/sec write
- Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 intrusion attempts
- Enforced Password Protection: complex password is user set with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy to Use: no admin rights or application installation required
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty with 24/7 customer support
- Durable: aluminum casing
- Waterproof: protects against water damage
- Dimensions: 3.06″ x 0.9″ x 0.47″ (77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm)
- Capacities: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- Compatibility: designed to USB 2.0 specifications.