New book: “iPhone Hacks”
Chances are if you own an iPhone (or iPod), you long to discover its hackability, and iPhone Hacks from O’Reilly can help you do just that.
Expert authors David Jurick, Adam Stolarz, and Damien Stolarz teach you how to make your iPhone do all you’d expect of a smartphone and more. Learn tips and techniques to unleash little-known features, find and create innovative applications for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPod touch, and unshackle these devices to run everything from network utilities to video game emulators.
Stocked with over 100 tips from the experts at O’Reilly Media’s MAKE magazine, this new book will teach you how to:
- Import your movie collection, sync with multiple computers, and save YouTube videos
- Remotely access your home network, audio, video, and even control your desktop
- Develop native applications for the iPhone and iPod touch on Linux, Windows, or Mac
- Check email, receive MMS messages, use IRC, and record full-motion video
- Mirror the iPhone display on a television using video output
- Make your iPhone emulate old-school video game platforms and play classic console and arcade games
- Integrate your iPhone with your car stereo
- Connect keyboards, microcontrollers (such as Arduino), and serial devices to your iPhone without jailbreaking