Crime analytics tool
CrimeReports announced the launch of Command Central, a web-based analytics platform that tracks and manages crime data through user-friendly graphs, charts, maps, and visualizations. Already in use with more than 25 pilot agencies across North America, Command Central gives law enforcement agencies controlled, secure access to relevant, detailed and timely crime data for their jurisdiction.
Command Central includes a dashboard display with a variety of analytics to support CompStat-style analysis. Features include: anomaly detection for indicating a change in crime rates, trending visualizations, an interactive map of crime hot spots and other powerful tools that enable the most efficient use of law enforcement resources to target crime.
Command Central requires no additional infrastructure and can be up and running within 24 hours. And because it is web-based, there is no additional cost for maintenance or updates.
Other features include:
- TOD/DOW: a Time of Day / Day of Week heat map that displays when selected crimes occur most frequently during the week
- Roll Call: a scrolling list of the most recent crime incidents by beat or service area paired with a visual map
- Area Comparison: visualization comparing the number of incidents of selected crimes in multiple areas for a given date range
- Crime By Date Comparison: visualization showing trends of selected crimes for a given date range
- Crime Type Comparison: visualization that compares the frequency of different crime types.