DeepNines Technologies announced the release of version 6.0 of their iTrust solution. This upgrade includes a new web-based reporting module, identity-based application and content control and a variety of new features based on customer feedback and market research.
- Redesigned web-based reporting
- Identity-based application controls: Allow, limit or deny access to specific applications for granular network content control
- DeepNines Hallpass: An alternative to traditional password override features that allows teachers to create and record sessions in order to share content with their students that might otherwise be blocked by the filter
- Increased performance/scalability
- Expanded URL categorization
- Enhanced flow tracking: Expanded number of concurrent TCP flows that can be tracked through application proxies
- Snort Compatibility
- Enhanced Malware Protection.
DeepNines was the first company to develop a web proxy blocking solution that prevents students from circumventing or “hacking” school filters and firewalls to access unauthorized material. DeepNines still provides the only solution on the market that sits inline and takes action on Internet traffic in real-time to prevent any type of unauthorized access by students.