(ISC)2 announced it has opened nominations for its 6th annual Government Information Security Leadership Awards (GISLAs). The 2009 GISLA program was established as part of (ISC)2’s effort to recognize the ongoing commitment by federal information security leaders to build a highly qualified and ethical workforce.
The program includes four award categories, with one category for federal contractor personnel (Federal Contractor Information Security Professional) and three categories for government employees (Senior Non-Information Security Manager, Senior Information Security Manager and Non-Managerial Information Security Professional) who have significantly contributed to the enhancement of the information security workforce by demonstrating a leadership role in any information security workforce improvement initiative, program or project.
A nominations committee comprised of eight members from the (ISC)2 U.S. Government Advisory Board (GAB) will review and select winners from the four groups of finalists based upon the selection criteria and eligibility requirements. The GAB includes volunteer, senior-level information security professionals responsible for counseling (ISC)2 on policies, trends and certifications within the public sector. The 2009 GISLA nominations committee includes the following GAB members:
- Michael P. Ashworth, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, CAP, CGEIT, director, Information Security Division, Office of the Inspector General, U.S. Department of Interior
- Art Friedman, CISSP, senior strategist for privilege management, deputy assistant secretary of defense, information and identity assurance, National Security Agency
- James. L. Golden, CISSP, CISM, associate partner, IT Governance, IBM
- Mary S. Heard, CISSP, acting associate chief information officer for cyber security, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Patrick J. Kelly, Associate of (ISC)(2) toward CISSP, IT analyst within the Reserve Bank Operations and Payment Systems Division, Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Lynn McNulty, CISSP, co-chair, (ISC)2 Government Advisory Board for Cyber Security, director of government affairs for (ISC)2
- Jane Scott Norris, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, CAP, CISM, security consultant and (ISC)2 board member
- Jerry G. Ormaner, CISSP, CIO, CISM, assistant director, Security Planning and Policy Operations Services Staff, Justice Management Division, U.S. Department of Justice