BitDefender for HTTP proxy for Linux released for beta testing
BitDefender announced that BitDefender for HTTP Proxy for Linux is available for beta testing.
It offers advanced features, including:
- Real-Time Scanning of Internet Traffic: proactively identifies and blocks malicious HTTP-based malware threats
- Enhanced Performance: BitDefender for HTTP Proxy beta uses BitDefender’s certified antivirus engines, which use less resources, provides better detection rates and increases performance
- Transparent Mode: it has the ability to work in transparent mode or in conjunction with a HTTP proxy such as Squid. While in transparent mode, BitDefender for HTTP Proxy intercepts the HTTP traffic using OS specific network filtering techniques. When placed in front of a HTTP proxy, it acts as a bridge between the user and the proxy
- Multiple HTTP filters: it provides users with many HTTP filtering options, including a content type and method filter, URL filter, traffic control size filter and a header filter
- Command Line Interpreter: it uses an easy to use command line interpreter, with auto-complete function for all parameter levels
- Other Improvements include: a Radmin integration Web interface, group security policies, user notification and enhanced reporting.