- Understand the essentials of PHP and the basics of object-oriented programming
- Master MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Create interactive web pages with PHP and MySQL by integrating forms and other HTML features
- Use libraries and packages such as the Smarty web template system, The PEAR program repository, and the Yahoo! User Interface Library (YUI)
- Make Ajax calls and turn your website into a highly dynamic environment
- Upload and manipulate files and images, validate user input, and secure your applications against being hacked.
Programming tips and exercises in each chapter will help you practice what you’ve learned. If you have a graphics or web design background and know your way around HTML, this book will have you building interactive websites quickly.