SCALE 8X Call For Papers now open
The 8th Annual Southern California Linux Expo scheduled for February 19-21 2010 is taking place at the Westin Hotel near Los Angeles International Airport.
SCALE 8x will have a total of 5 speaker tracks. These include a beginners’ track and a developers’ track, as well as the three existing tracks that we have every year. In this way we will be catering to our growing attendee constituency whose spectrum of interest spans from newbies all the way to the power users all of whom are trying to enhance their understanding of Linux/Open Source Software (OSS).
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:Core operating system issues
- Kernel Internals and Enhancements
- Unix variants: Tools and Appliances
- Operating Systems for Embedded Platforms
- System Administration: Low-level Detail
- In-depth Programming/Scripting with Open Source Languages (Examples include Perl, Ruby, PHP, Python, etc.).
Open source for beginners
- Desktop Operating Systems
- Security and Trouble Shooting
- Linux/Unix/Windows Inter-operability
- Linux Shells
- Open Source Deployments and Experiences
- Samba/Windows sharing
- Open Source Productivity Applications
- Transitioning from Windows
- Basic scripting/automation User system administration issues.
Miscellaneous open source topics
- Tools for Multimedia and Gaming
- Tools for Proﬁling and Performance Tuning
- Open Source solutions for cloud computing and web services
- Open Source Animation Tools
- Open Source Database Platforms
- Open Source Licensing
- Government Policies with Open Source
- Open Source Promotion and Adoption: Current State
- Open Source Success Stories
- Open Source Audio/Video Manipulation tools
- Open Source Innovations..
There’s going to be an opportunity to host tutorial sessions. If you believe your presentation is appropriate for a hands-on lab, please mention that in the proposal. The reviewers will determine if the content is suitable for a hands-on session.
For detailed information on how to submit your proposal visit this page.