Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft operating systems. It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using dictionary and brute force attacks, decoding scrambled passwords, revealing password boxes, uncovering cached passwords and analyzing routing protocols.
Changes in this version:
- Added Abel64.exe and Abel64.dll to support hashes extraction on x64 operating systems.
- Added x64 operating systems support in NTLM hashes Dumper, MS-CACHE hashes Dumper, LSA Secrets Dumper, Wireless Password Decoder, Credential Manager Password Decoder, DialUp Password Decoder.
- Added Windows Live Mail (Windows 7) Password Decoder for POP3, IMAP, NNTP, SMTP and LDAP accounts.
- Fixed a bug of RSA SecurID Calculator within XML import function.
- Executables rebuilt with Visual Studio 2008.
In July we did an interview with the Cain & Abel developer Massimiliano Montoro in which he talks in detail about this tool.