Sophos has fully integrated data loss prevention (DLP) capabilities into Endpoint Security and Data Protection 9, thus enabling businesses to have visibility and control over sensitive data without requiring the deployment of any additional agents or any additional licensing costs.
In addition to integrated data loss prevention, Endpoint Security and Data Protection 9 includes several new features and functionality:
- Reporting – Our new reporting wizard enables administrators to easily create and customize reports that can be scheduled and emailed to selected recipients. Sophos also delivers new compliance and user-based reports.
- New application control features – Sophos has added the ability to whitelist/blacklist applications that can adversely impact network and user productivity, such as VoIP, IM, P2P.
- New device control capabilities – Customers can now block/allow removable storage including USB sticks, music players, external hard disks, CD/DVD drives and wireless connection technologies (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Infrared). Policies based upon groups can be created centrally and device block events are reported instantly via the Enterprise Console dashboard.
- Simplified cross-platform security – MAC 10.6 64-bit is the latest platform that Sophos now supports.
- Enhancements to centralized management – Sophos customers benefit from greater role-based administration capabilities including three default role levels (administrator, help desk and report only) to give those responsible for management greater control over policies and actions.