Oracle releases critical patch update – October 2009
Oracle has released its critical patch update which contains contains 38 new security fixes across all products.
Some of the vulnerabilities addressed affect multiple products. Some patches are cumulative, for others customers should refer to previous critical patch updates to identify previous security fixes they want to apply.
Security vulnerabilities addressed by this Critical Patch Update affect the following products:
- Oracle Database 11g, version 184.108.40.206
- Oracle Database 10g Release 2, versions 10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4
- Oracle Database 10g, version 10.1.0.5
- Oracle Database 9i Release 2, versions 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168DV
- Oracle Application Server 10g Release 3 (10.1.3), versions 10.1.3.4.0, 10.1.3.5.0
- Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2), version 10.1.2.3.0
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, versions 10.1.3.4.0, 10.1.3.4.1
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, versions 12.0.6 and 12.1
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, version 22.214.171.124
- AutoVue, version 19.3
- Agile Engineering Data Management (EDM), version 6.1
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools & Enterprise Portal, version 8.49
- PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM (TAM), versions 8.9 and 9.0
- JD Edward Tools, version 8.98
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10.0 through MP1 and 10.3
- Oracle WebLogic Server 9.0 GA, 9.1 GA and 9.2 through 9.2 MP3
- Oracle WebLogic Server 8.1 through 8.1 SP5
- Oracle WebLogic Server 7.0 through 7.0 SP6
- Oracle WebLogic Portal, versions 8.1 through 8.1 SP6, 9.2 through 9.2 MP3, 10.0 through 10.0MP1, 10.2 through 10.2MP1 and 10.3 through 10.3.1
- Oracle JRockit R27.6.4 and earlier (JDK/JRE 6, 5, 1.4.2)
- Oracle Communications Order and Service Management, versions 2.8.0, 6.2.0, 6.3.0 and 6.3.1.
There are no new security fixes for the following products that had security fixes in prior critical patch update advisories:
- Oracle Collaboration Suite
- TimesTen In-Memory Database
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle Secure Enterprise Search
- Oracle Secure Backup
- Oracle Siebel Enterprise.
Due to the threat posed by a successful attack, Oracle strongly recommends that customers apply fixes as soon as possible.
To check out the complete patch update, go here.
The next critical patch update advisory is scheduled for 12 January 2010.