RSA announced new consultative and advisory services to help enterprises implement or improve their security operations function to more effectively manage both risk and IT compliance programs. These services are based on the expertise from EMC Consulting and EMC’s security division RSA, built through 25 years of customer engagements and combined with best practices derived from EMC’s own security operations function.
Together, the services and the company’s security solutions are engineered to provide customers with a set of capabilities to effectively:
- Gather and analyze security data across the enterprise
- Evaluate risk in order to prioritize remediation
- Detect and react to security incidents, including first-line response to incidents
- Monitor the IT environment to ensure effectiveness of security controls
- Report out on security metrics
- Support the organizations’ efforts to address IT compliance requirements.
The following consulting and advisory services for Security Operations are available immediately:
- Security Operations Strategy and Assessment: appropriate for customers with established security operations processes, or who are establishing new security operations processes, or customers seeking to advance their capabilities based on industry best practices and current state gap analysis. Provides an actionable set of vendor and product-agnostic recommendations.
- Security Operations Management: appropriate for customers seeking the development of more comprehensive policies, procedures, guidelines and documentation to enhance their security operations function. This also includes operational run-books and workflow that support the ability to run a security operations center / function or incident handling program on a day-to-day basis
- Security Operations Analysis and Design: appropriate for customers seeking a broad evaluation of security operations requirements and providing a recommended solution design to meet the customer’s objectives for security operations and incident management. It also includes an incident handling framework and next steps for the development of appropriate policies and procedures for security operations.
RSA also provides implementation of their solutions – specifically, the RSA enVision platform, RSA Data Loss Prevention Suite and the RSA FraudAction Threat Intelligence service, and EMC’s Ionix portfolio into the security operations program.