Windows Server 2008 Administrator’s Pocket Consultant, Second Edition includes coverage of Windows Server 2008 R2 enhancements, including Hyper-V with Live Migration, Direct Access Infrastructure, Branch Cache, Windows PowerShell 2.0, the new Active Directory console, and more. Zero in on core support and administration tasks using quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists.
Get fast facts to:
- Set up server roles and deploy Windows Server 2008
- Configure and maintain Active Directory(r)
- Create user and group accounts; control rights and permissions
- Manage file systems, drives, and RAID arrays
- Configure TCP/IP networking and DHCP and DNS clients and servers
- Troubleshoot printers and print servers
- Monitor and tune network performance
- Prepare a disaster plan; back up and restore servers.
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) Administrator’s Companion details the features and capabilities of Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG). You’ll gain the real-world insights, implementation and configuration best practices, and management practices you need for on-the-job results.
Discover how to:
- Implement TMG
- integrated security features
- Analyze your Web and perimeter security requirements and infrastructure
- Plan, install, and configure TMG
- Implement network intrusion prevention, proxy, caching, filtering
- Configure security for the Web, Microsoft Exchange Server, and SharePoint Products and Technologies
- Implement remote access and site-to-site VPNs
- Select and configure clients
- Monitor and troubleshoot protected systems with Network Monitor 3 and other tools
- Use scripting to configure systems and automate administration
- Plus, get a fully searchable eBook on the companion CD.