McAfee has extended its protection to Mac consumers with the launch of McAfee Internet Security and McAfee Family Protection for Mac. McAfee Internet Security empowers consumers to surf the web safely, while McAfee Family Protection allows parents to filter inappropriate content from their children.
McAfee Internet Security for Mac includes the following features and benefits:
- McAfee SiteAdvisor technology protects users from malicious Web sites, browser exploits and notifies users whether an ecommerce site has been scanned by McAfee for potential vulnerabilities.
- SiteAdvisor technology provides site ratings in 22 search engines, and features advanced phishing protection that will alert users to sites that may try to steal personal identities or gain access to financial information.
- Secure Search a dedicated search tool that allows users to search, explore and shop more securely.
- Two-Way Firewall Protection monitors all data entering and leaving the Mac and blocks hackers from accessing the computer.
- Advanced Malware Scanning detects, blocks, and removes all Windows and Mac based viruses, spyware, and adware as well as any emerging threats that could harm the Mac.
McAfee Internet Security for Mac is available today on Mac OS 10.5 or later in the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Mexico and Japan. It will be available in the United States for $79.99 USD.
McAfee Family Protection includes the following features and benefits:
- Web blocking allows parents to block up to 35 different categories of content, preventing children from visiting sites related to topics like drugs or pornography. Keyword search filtering prevents children from searching for terms prohibited by parents.
- Activity reports provide parents a full view of their children’s Internet activity – including all websites visited. The reports are designed to empower parents to teach their kids how to safely use the Internet.
- Instant notifications are sent to parents by email or text message when a child tries to access inappropriate sites.
- Time limits allow parents to manage the amount of time children use the Internet.
- Program blocking enables parents to block specific applications installed on the Mac. For example, a parent can block iTunes to ensure their children don’t download songs or movies without their permission.
- Encrypted site blocking provides a deeper layer of protection against accessing Web sites that are encrypted which include many pornography sites.
- Parents can remotely modify each child’s profile. For example, a parent may block the category “drugs” but then remotely modify the rule if their teen needs access to an educational drug-related site for homework purposes.
McAfee Family Protection is available today on Mac OS 10.5 or later in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia. It will be available in the United States for $39.99 USD.