More than 1 in 3 people admit that when it comes to security, all websites are equally dangerous, all over the Internet, according to a survey by Avira.
In the survey, a random sampling of users were asked “Where do you suspect is the greatest danger of malware infection on the Internet?” There were 3,325 responses which broke down in the following manner:
- 13% – Browser games (Poker, etc.) are really popular – the danger here is very high.
- 22% – Visitors are exposed to such dangers especially on websites with pornographic content.
- 27% – So-called Warez sites, which offer illegal software, are extremely dangerous.
- 4% – Big portals are particularly vulnerable, due to their popularity.
- 34% – When it comes to security, all websites are equally dangerous, all over the Internet.
“On one hand, it’s encouraging to see that over 33 percent of our user base has learned that security threats can come from any website, but it’s also a statement on our society at large when 1 out of every 3 people can’t trust any of the websites they visit,” said Sorin Mustaca, data security expert of Avira.