At the end of October, an event named GRC 2010 is to be held in Lisbon, Portugal, and it proposes to bring to its participants the main challenges that managers involved in the areas of Governance, Risk & Compliance have, and share strategies, solutions and methods best suited to deal with such challenges before, during and after the global economic crisis.
Lasting two days (28th-29th October), the event will consist of interventions and workshops with the participation of world renowned speakers, including:
- Bruce Schneier, Chief Technology Officer of BT
- Nick Haycock, Head of IA Policy and Awareness Risk at The Cabinet Office UK
- Jeremy King, European Director of PCI Security Standards Council
- John Pironti, President of IP Architects, LLC
- Geraint Price, Royal Holloway University of London
- John Howie, Senior Director of Technical Security Services, Global Foundation Services of Microsoft Corporation
- Anderson Ramos, CTO and Founder of FLIPSIDE Smart Content Provider.
Workshops include topics such as:
- Developing an information security and risk management strategy
- Business continuity management
- ISO 27001 for managers.
GRC 2010 will take place at FIL, in the Parque das Na?Â§ões in Lisbon (above), and the registration fee for the two-day event is 900,00 Ã¢â€šÂ¬ + VAT.
But for two of our lucky readers attending this event will be free of charge. To participate in the draw for the tickets, send me an email with your contact information and explain why you think you should receive a free pass.