Ciphertex Data Security introduced the CX-RANGER/E, a portable encrypted RAID system with AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption and up to 5 Terabytes of storage capacity.
It combines a mobile security form factor in a flexible capacity RAID system that features e-SATA and USB 3.0 interface for fast data transfer rates and five Hot-Swappable 2.5″ Drives. On-the-fly hardware encryption eliminates software drag and ensures peak drive performance and no other RAID system is so compact.
Weighing in at eight pounds, the CX-RANGER/E is the smallest 5 TB RAID system on the market and features a built-in carrying handle for easy transport. The CX-RANGER/E is compatible with any OS that supports SATA devices.
Additional features of the CX Ranger include:
- Simplified maintenance – Smart design reduces ongoing IT labor costs.
- Intuitive user interface – Graphical, menu driven interface ensures easy data management.
- The storage solution – For secure Forensic data files, photography, music, video, mp3s, media production, and more.
- Backup solution – CX-RANGER/E is bundled with NovaBACKUP data protection software, delivering a backup solution for both business and home.
- Catastrophe backup – Built for on-the-go storage and real-time back-up.
- Maximum security – Prevents unauthorized data access and use of lost or stolen drives. Provides protection during transportation.
- Maximum performance – CX-RANGER/E with UBS 3.0 enhances up to 10X the performance of USB 2.0.
- Enhanced user interface – Allows remote management and configuration through a standard web browser.