Dell releases endpoint encryption solution
Dell today announced Data Protection | Encryption, a flexible, manageable and auditable endpoint encryption solution. The solution is designed to help companies protect endpoint devices, which serve as the “front door” to sensitive information.
This intelligent file-based encryption solution is designed to protect data on laptops and desktops, as well as external media, in case of loss or theft.
The solution includes centralized management and comprehensive reporting that enables an organization’s IT department to detect devices that need encryption, enforce policies and audit encryption state.
The reporting feature also provides confirmation that endpoints are protected regardless of user, device or location, which may provide regulatory safe harbor, helping to keep organizations from reporting a data breach and facing potential legal penalties.
- Easy deployment and integration into heterogeneous IT environments (Dell and non-Dell systems) with support for existing authentication and patching processes.
- Quick recovery of systems with errors by avoiding a multi-step, time-consuming process of decrypting, transporting data and re-encrypting.
- One solution to encrypt data on the disk, plus removable media such as USB thumb drives, external hard drives, eSata drives, 1394 devices, optical storage³ and Secure Digital (SD).
- Pre-set policy templates to provide an easy starting point for compliance management and maintenance.
- Intelligent File-based encryption that encrypts the drive at the file level with flexible options based on the end-user profile, data sensitivity and compliance needs.
- Optional support for encryption on select smartphones and non-Windows Operating Systems through a relationship with CREDANT.
- Preset Policy Templates including basic and aggressive protection for system drives, USB thumb drives, fixed drives (eSata and USB) and CDs; data breach regulatory targeted; HIPAA and PCI DSS targeted.