McAfee announced its intention to acquire Sentrigo, a provider of database security and compliance, assessment, monitoring and intrusion prevention solutions.
The proposed transaction will bring together best-in-class technologies to:
- Stop database attacks, including the number-one web-born attack against databases: SQL Injection; ensure compliance audit and reporting, minimize the risk of a data breach of Personally Identifiable Information or other sensitive information, and reduce the costs associated with breach notification.
- Diagnose and assess the database environment so that customers detect threats before they are exploited and receive the optimum security solution for their unique database infrastructure.
- Build on the McAfee Risk and Compliance solutions and expand current vulnerability management solutions to include operating systems, networks, web applications and databases.
- Provide complete visibility into all transactions leveraging McAfee and Sentrigo’s Database Audit and Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) solutions.
- Leverage Sentrigo’s unique offering of Virtual Patching, a capability that provides a strong level of protection for database systems that cannot be patched in a timely manner.
“The integration of Sentrigo with McAfee will provide customers with the highest level of security across their database environments and allow companies to rapidly deploy a database security strategy in a cost effective manner,” said Dave DeWalt, president of McAfee. “McAfee is continuing to broaden its security portfolio to now-secure databases, as well as endpoints, networks, email and web. In addition to the acquisition announcement, McAfee is also announcing a complete database security platform which includes products across the McAfee portfolio.”
Following the closing of the proposed acquisition, the Sentrigo team will report to the McAfee Risk & Compliance business unit, headed by Stuart McClure, senior vice president and general manager.