Trend Micro now offers completely integrated data protection for messaging and collaboration systems providing many feature advantages for security professionals.
ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange (SMEX) 10.2 is a mail-server-based security product with a web reputation service that blocks email containing malicious URLs in addition to scanning for content and viruses. New features in version 10.2 include:
- Second-generation Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Lite with data validators, compliance templates, and over 40 worldwide data identifiers for custom templates.
- Malicious URL detection inside attachments in addition to the message body.
- New Local Smart Protection Server, which increases performance and reduces network latency.
PortalProtect for Microsoft SharePoint 2.1 is a collaboration security solution that protects SharePoint as a social collaboration tool, in addition to a file-sharing tool. It blocks embedded links, scans content blogs, wikis, discussion forums, and controls private information for compliance and risk management. New features include:
- Second-generation DLP Lite with data validators, compliance templates, and 36 worldwide data identifiers for custom templates.
- Support for remote BLOB storage.
- Local Smart Protection Server increases performance and reduces network latency.
InterScan Messaging Security 8.2 helps enterprise IT professionals deal with their growing regulatory compliance and data protection challenges. The Trend Micro Data Privacy and Email Encryption module filters emails with DLP content rules and validators, and also encrypts the emails to ensure regulatory compliance and sensitive data protection.
It includes a hybrid SaaS pre-filter that blocks unwanted spam before it reaches the customer’s networks, which offloads the burden from internal resources. New features include:
- A new Data Privacy and Email Encryption module.
- Virtual appliance support for Microsoft Hyper-V (in addition to VMware and a bare-metal software appliance).
- A widget-based dashboard for easy administration.