CoSoSys released a new version of their flagship device control and data loss prevention solution, Endpoint Protector.
Offering enhanced protection, increased effectiveness and the fastest implementation time in its segment, the out-of-the-box Hardware and Virtual Appliance is now available for small, medium and large companies and organizations.
The new version ensures complete control over the latest portable and mobile devices available as well as full support and protection for the latest Windows operating systems and Mac OS X versions, including Mac OS X Lion.
By continuously adapting to new and highly spread security threats affecting both small businesses and large corporations, Endpoint Protector 4 focuses not only on proactively protecting company networks from data loss, leakage and theft by blocking, controlling and monitoring all ports, but also on offering complete detailed reports on the information transferred in and out of the network.
Endpoint Protector 4, available as both virtual and hardware appliance, is designed to minimize internal threats, reduce data leakage risks and control devices connected at Windows and Macintosh endpoints. It allows IT departments to proactively take control of the devices’ internal use, while tracking all data transferred in or out of the protected network and enforcing encryption of data in transit on portable devices.
Some of the new features in Endpoint Protector 4 are detailed below:
- Seamless integration in business processes – Endpoint Protector 4 provides high adaptability to an organization’s structure (from 20 up to 5.000 computers), allowing separate control and dedicated policies for each segment. Each organizational unit’s activity is closely monitored by a different administrator, shielding it from the interference of other departments and keeping data access and knowledge limited to unit employees.
- Saving time and money when the solution is installed – Reduce staff efforts required by the now easier to perform download, installation, and registration processes, including a new licensing system.
- Increased security through enhanced protection – Enforced encryption of data transferred to devices now through EasyLock 2 and TrustedDevices, security passwords for sensitive data report access, prevention against removal and security alerts setting.
- Reducing allotted resources of the security staff – Easy maintenance on the Server side through the new Live Update module, client deployment through latest Microsoft Active Directory versions and client software upgrades by a simple push of a button.
- Optimum security through enhanced stability – Better client-server communication, streamlined updates and maintenance, fast client deployment and installation.
- Enhanced protection through complex, adaptable end efficient security policies – Custom protected device categories (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc.), more control over policies management and more options for log file management.
- Reliable security through enhanced monitoring and policy control – Enhanced monitoring of device use, real time and offline tracing of encrypted and non-encrypted data and instant shadow copying of transferred files with EasyLock 2.