Apache HTTP Server 2.4 released
Celebrating its 17th anniversary with an all-time record of nearly 400 million Websites powered worldwide, the Apache Software Foundation announced version 2.4 of the Apache HTTP Server.
Numerous enhancements make Apache HTTP Server 2.4 suited for xloud environments. They include:
- Improved performance (lower resource utilization and better concurrency)
- Reduced memory usage
- Asyncronous I/O support
- Dynamic reverse proxy configuration
- Performance on par, or better, than pure event-driven Web servers
- More granular timeout and rate/resource limiting capability
- More finely-tuned caching support, tailored for high traffic servers and proxies.
Additional features include easier problem analysis, improved configuration flexibility, more powerful authentication and authorization, and documentation overhaul.