Multi-layered cloud security for banks
ActivIdentity announced integrated fraud detection service and authentication capabilities for its 4TRESS Authentication Appliance.
The all-in-one platform and cloud-based service provide banking customers with an unmatched level of multi-layered strong authentication, enabling them to achieve increased security across the network and in the cloud.
Banking organizations face increased risk from sophisticated cyber attacks, coupled with newly mandated FFIEC regulations over online banking security. Simultaneously, bank customers have stated a strong preference for mostly-transparent authentication methods to maximize convenience. ActivIdentity’s 4TRESS Authentication Appliance helps banks meet all of these requirements.
- 4TRESS Fraud Detection Service device ID combines with the user’s password or PIN to deliver two-factor authentication.
- If device ID anomalies are detected, policy can require additional FFIEC-compliant authentication methods to gain access.
- 4TRESS Authentication Appliance provides more than 15 FFIEC-compliant multifactor authentication methods which can be used with advanced device profiling for generally-transparent and always-secure online transactions.
- High-value transactions can require adding Out Of Band transaction-level verification (via SMS Text message or email to smart phone) to foil man-in-the-middle attacks.
- This cloud-based advanced device ID service provides real-time fraud prevention optimally convenient for end-users.
4TRESS Authentication Appliance supports a cohesive bank fraud management framework with a wide range of strong authentication methods, including Web, mobile and PC soft tokens for multiple use cases, as well as transaction-level verification to tie to a high-risk activity response.