Belkin releases 802.11ac Wi-Fi dual-band AC+ Gigabit routers
Belkin launched its new line of advanced wireless routers featuring 802.11ac technology for speeds up to three times faster than existing 802.11n technology.
Featuring Broadcom’s fifth-generation (5G Wi-Fi) 802.11ac chip technology, the Belkin AC1000 DB and AC1200 DB provide gigabit speeds wirelessly to extend network range and provide more reliable coverage at greater distances.
Belkin’s AC routers make it possible to stream more content to multiple devices virtually anywhere in the home. Ideal for smartphones and tablets, AC technology enables faster web downloads and file syncing with less drainage on battery life.
- AC1000 DB is up to two times faster than 802.11n technology with simultaneous dual-band speeds up to 996Mbps (300Mbps on the 2.4GHz + 665Mbps on 5GHz); AC1200 DB is up to 2.8 times faster operating on 1166Mbps link rate (300Mbps on 2.4GHz + 867Mbps on 5GHz)
- Uninterrupted HD streaming to multiple devices simultaneously helps conserve battery power on mobile devices
- Belkin’s built-in IntelliStream QoS automatically prioritizes video and gaming and reduces loading time on frequently visited sites
- MultiBeam technology provides a high-powered signal for maximum coverage across the entire home
- Parental Control powered by Norton blocks unsafe and inappropriate content with three available levels of protection
- Media Server technology allows you to stream DLNA multimedia throughout your home
- IPv6 compatibility future-proofs the home network
- Backward-compatible with previous generations of Wi-Fi
- 4 Gigabit ports for maximum network speeds.