ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 may seem like quite different standards, but when you take a closer look at both, you can find a lot of similarities. They have the same Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle, four mandatory procedures are the same (Internal audit, Document control, Corrective action and Preventive Action), the role of management is very similar etc.
Therefore, if you have already implemented ISO 9001, you will find it much easier to implement ISO 27001 – you just need to take the right elements from ISO 9001 when implementing ISO 27001, and you will find your ISO 27001 running much faster than anticipated.
In some cases you may need to implement both standards at the same time, which is challenging but can be done. Again, in such a case you have to be aware which elements you can do together for ISO 27001 and ISO 9001, but also which elements you have to do separately.
Register for this free webinar to learn:
- Similarities and differences between ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
- Implementation issues – how to speed up implementation and avoid pitfalls
- Roles in the implementation – who are the best persons from ISO 9001 to use for ISO 27001
- Top management issues – how to get their buy-in, how to save their time
- Certification – the benefits of integrated audit.