Linux file encryption with BestCrypt
Jetico has announced BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux 2.0, now with a simple user experience in a new GUI, plus greater stability and security.
Features and benefits include:
- GUI to provide an easy user interface for all possible tasks with container encryption; GUI is optional, so the program may still be from via command-line if preferred
- Redeveloped BestCrypt block device driver to support future Linux kernel changes; save time by quickly finding devices where containers have been mounted
- XTS and LRW encryption modes
- Create several hidden containers inside an outer container (deniable encryption)
- Changed visible device politics so now there are no empty devices; new BestCrypt block device appears only during container linking process
- Commands for bctool to more easily backup and restore container headers
- Commands for bctool to encrypt and decrypt container headers to fully hide a container file.
BestCrypt’s key advantage is working with container files for storage and transfer of encrypted data that is compatible across Windows, Linux and Mac. Users can determine the size of the container depending upon their needs, as well as create multiple containers for more flexible management of files and folders.