Tenable Network Security’s Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS) 4.0 is now generally available as a standalone product.
Already available as part of Tenable’s SecurityCenter continuous monitoring platform, PVS 4.0 can now be used by any company, security specialist or compliance auditor to monitor networks in real-time, in a non-intrusive manner.
Using network sniffing technology, PVS 4.0 identifies and assesses transient systems—like mobile, virtual and cloud apps—that may not be present during scheduled scans, and pinpoints potential security and compliance risks. PVS 4.0 also monitors systems sensitive to disruption, uncovers inappropriate use and insider threats, and eliminates gaps between active scans.
“By supplementing a Nessus active scan-based strategy with PVS 4.0, companies can significantly lower their overall security risk, increase compliance and avoid costly security breaches,” said Ron Gula, CEO of Tenable Network Security.
The new features available in PVS 4.0 include:
- Improved Interface: HTML5 Web-based Interface optimized for mobile
- Simplified Installation: Guided by an installation wizard
- Optimized to run on portable systems
- Web-based Data Export: Supported file formats include .csv, .nessus and .html
- Automatic snapshots: Network discovery and vulnerability data provides visibility into changes over time.