NETGEAR launched its newest dual-band 802.11ac wireless router, Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (R7000). Nighthawk combines a powerful 1GHz dual core processor with a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port and NETGEAR Beamforming+ to boost speed, reliability and range.
Nighthawk’s fast combined WiFi connection speeds up to AC1900 WiFi (600 +1300 Mbps) make it ideal for bandwidth-hungry activities such as online gaming and video streaming. Wireless HD streaming can be enjoyed at its best thanks to Nighthawk features such as downstream Quality of Service, Beamforming+ and built-in iTunes server compatibility.
Gaming enthusiasts will thrill to the way Nighthawk’s AC1900 WiFi, 1Ghz dual core processor and advanced upstream Quality of Service are optimized for online gaming with exceptionally low-lag game play, making milliseconds count. Nighthawk automatically gives bandwidth priority to Xbox, for a frustration-free gaming experience.
Content on a storage device attached to the USB 3.0 port can be accessed and transferred quickly across the network, making it ideal for streaming video to DLNA enabled screens around the home. Content can also be kept safe with NETGEAR ReadySHARE Vault, free software for automatic backup to a USB hard drive connected to Nighthawk. Mac users will be pleased to know that Time Machine is also supported.
NETGEAR has packed several advanced capabilities into Nighthawk:
- Dual Core 1Ghz processor to boost wireless, wired and WAN-to-LAN performance
- High-powered amplifiers with 3 external antennas to extend WiFi coverage
- Advanced QoS automatically recognizes and prioritizes streaming and gaming applications
- ReadySHARE Vault, a free software application for automatic Windows-based PC backup to a USB hard drive connected to Nighthawk
- Compatibility with Apple Time Machine for automatic Mac backup to a USB hard drive connected to Nighthawk
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port that’s up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0
- VPN support that ensures secure access to your home network
- Customized free URL to create an FTP server
- Five Gigabit Ethernet ports (one WAN and four LAN) if you want fast wired connections.