Dell announced Dell Wyse Cloud Connect, an ultra-compact and highly mobile cloud-access device that delivers desktop virtualization and personal cloud services to any HDMI- or MHL-enabled display.
The pocket-size device delivers a full-HD experience with enterprise-level security, manageability and reliability.
The device supports multiple use cases including mobile workers, students, digital signage, kiosks and other space-constrained environments. Specific customer benefits include:
- Quick and secure access for mobile and remote workers to virtual desktops and a variety of cloud assets including content, applications, virtual desktops and IT support
- Easy remote connections to personal computers running Microsoft Windows OS or Apple Mac OS to access data, content or applications
- Plug-and-play interactive presentations run in full-HD directly from the cloud or device, on any compatible display
- Pocket-size, battery-free alternative in the event of loss, theft, or failure of primary devices
- Cost-effective virtual desktop for the education market, extending application and data access in classrooms, libraries, labs or at home
- Digital signage solution with simplified, remote management for airports, retailers, hospitality, or other organizations
- Personal cloud access to online entertainment, gaming, apps and rich content on large displays.
“Cloud Connect is among the most cutting-edge mobile thin client solutions that we have tested at our labs,” said Joseph Korah, Senior Director and Head of Kochi Operations, Cognizant. “With its ability to work seamlessly with Citrix, Microsoft and VMware environments, the solution holds great potential for the futuristic enterprise that is looking for ways to improve productivity at work and on the go for its enterprise workforce.”
Cloud Connect is $129 per unit. Complementary Dell accessories including MHL-capable displays and Bluetooth keyboards and mice are also available.