SharePoint has become a popular business application for storing data, sharing content and powering websites. For many organizations, it is the core of their collaboration strategy, increasing productivity, managing content and powering internal communications. However, Microsoft SharePoint’s infrastructure is prone to changes, both accidental and malicious.
Native SharePoint auditing capabilities do not provide complete information about changes that are made, and they do not make auditing information easy to manage. For this reason, SharePoint administrators need to turn to third-party solutions to gain control over changes so that they are not at risk of being out of compliance with regulatory requirements, exposed to security threats or in jeopardy of service disruption.
Released today, Netwrix Auditor for SharePoint is a SharePoint reporting and auditing solution that provides visibility into what is happening across SharePoint infrastructure.
The tool tracks changes made to SharePoint configurations, user content and permissions, helping IT departments to streamline compliance, strengthen security and simplify root-cause analysis.
With Netwrix Auditor for SharePoint, organizations are able to:
- Get visibility into SharePoint farm configurations and security changes, including modifications of permissions and permission inheritance, SharePoint group membership, permission levels and security policies.
- Report on creation, deletion and modification of any SharePoint content, including sites, lists and libraries, folders, documents and list items.
- Know all details about who changed what, when and where, including before and after values for all changes, and originating workstation.
- Start auditing in just hours, not days – with out-of-the-box reports.
- Correlate SharePoint changes with any changes happening in other types of systems, such as Active Directory, Windows Server, SQL databases and more.
Netwrix Auditor for SharePoint is available now and is licensed per enabled Active Directory user.